How To Do Keyword Research For Search Engine Optimization
It is both inefficient and frustrating going for a single and particular keyword set. In spite of this fact, you can end up with a strong, performing targeted page that is capable of reaching out to different demographics by combining keyword research and content.
This is not an easy task hence; you will need to think outside the box. It is a bad habit going after a keyword just because it has high search volume. Despite the selfish need to meet inbound and on-site tactics, it is essential keeping sight of the most important goals of the generated content.
Providing high quality value to the end users and ensuring that both the consumers and the brands benefit should be the primary goal. This means going beyond making specific keywords major targets.
If you are in control of your technical, possess strong and sturdy brands, here are tips to help you understand keyword groups, your customers’ perception about your brand.
Pay attention to your current customers:
Through interaction with your current customers, you will have an advantage of finding out how some refer to your brand in a natural language.
During content creation and keyword research, a big mistake is committed; thinking of what the current potential consumers will be searching for without bearing in mind what the future customers will be after.
It is a better practice to have your on-site content reflecting both natural language and general terms. You should pay attention to the following regardless of whether you are a service- or product-based company:
- Customer testimonials involving videos and emails among other mediums used
- Customer phone calls. In most cases these calls trigger upgrades, services and feedbacks.
- Customer screening calls. These calls are necessary in recording screen calls for applications like loans.
With all this information, you should be able to determine the following:
- How your products are referred by your customers.
- Any particular product or service variations that you consistently hear.
- Comparing your new words and phrases with your “high volume” terms
After acquiring information about how your customer base refers to your products and services using their language, you can make changes to your target keyword list.
Likewise also, you will need to analyze the value of the keywords depending on conversion data. It is sometimes tricky knowing whether your traffic and leads are due to keywords or use of lead generation leads.
It is helpful targeting ad copy to particular location having “location specific” keywords despite the fact that these phrases lack high overall search volumes. Using words that are familiar within a certain location will be helpful in the copy’s overall message.
In order to understand how people from different locations respond and view your company, you should prepare and send out surveys and ask specific questions which will help you to understand how people are responding to your products. This will give you clues concerning how potential customers are searching for services and products like yours.
Mind Meld- WMT, Analytics and SEMrush + [Tool]:
It will be critical combining your wish list with phrases;
- Responsible for sending traffic to your site
- Ranking highly
- Those that are converting well whether paid or organic.
You may be having a page that is ranking highly but it fails to both send you traffic and convert. Have all your sources separated into a spreadsheet and create an extra one that combines all the data set to help you identify duplications, rankings, conversions, search engines, etc.
In-case you are working with a large data set from various sources; you can narrow it down to a smaller group per page to target.
- Depending on the tools you are using, extract 50-100 non-branded phrases.
- Arrange them in a spreadsheet that shows their source.
- Identify and mark duplicates through conditional formatting.
- Time to seek answers to raised questions if any.
You should be concerned about the following:
It is important to assess the success of keywords and phrases used. You should find out whether the well ranking keywords are sending hordes of traffic to your site. Another concern should be whether the phrases producing substantial traffic do convert.
Lastly, you should be concerned about long-tail queries opening room for clarification. Looking into these concerns provides information content that is responsible for capturing and converting more traffic. These concerns can help in understanding your weaknesses and where changes and improvements are necessary.
Understanding Keyword Density and usage of Natural language:
There are many people who are obsessed with attaining specific keyword density by having keywords severally repeated within the written content. This attitude is wrong because in most cases:
- These people are dedicated to defining particular keywords within their business and often some have no clue of what they are doing.
- These people are only concerned with attaining a specific density usage of particular keywords.
Keyword density is a sensitive topic to those outside the industry because they give it a wrong approach. There are more to it than having the keywords appearing a number of times in both the title and body of the content. If you are working on a copy requiring mapping out of keyword integration for both off-site and on-site strategy, pay attention to this:
- You should make use of synonyms, related phrases and natural modifiers obtained from your previous research. All these are meant to bring your target keywords to light.
- To have a strong and cohesive web between off-site and on-site signals, you ought to integrate your outreach campaigns with these phrases.
It is easy capturing relevant search traffic after getting over wanting to have same keywords on the title and body of your content. This is because you need thematically connected words instead of a single keyword. It is impossible judging a phrase or a keyword by its numeric value hence; you need other factors like:
- On-site optimizing
- Off-site tactics and strategies used.
You should always update you keyword research because there are a lot of keywords out there to be mined.